Monday, August 15, 2011

Photos from July

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the month of July.  Enjoy!

Red Colobus Monkeys in Jozani Forest
Cheryl and I with a VERY old Tortoise

Low Tide at Jambiani
Norah
Pretty Architecture
Me on Prison Island
View from Prison Island

Lots of Garbage
New Friends

Innovation at Its Best
Children here are extremely creative and although they don’t have a room full of toys, video games or playgrounds, they never seem to run out of fun things to do or occupy themselves with. The simplest things here are made into toys.  I often see little ones running around with toy trucks they’ve made from plastic bottles or cardboard, using water bottle caps as the wheels.  Recently at one of the event the volunteers were running I had some fun with a group of local boys who had creatively turned a tree and a large branch into a teeter-totter, and found a creative way to have fun by using nothing but their hands and feet.  Take a look at the pictures below!             




Check back soon.  I'll post some photos from August soon.  Including pictures from my trip to South Africa and Namibia!

No comments:

Post a Comment